As a PerkUp Senior Software Engineer, you will work with the development and support teams (remote and local) to enhance and maintain PerkUp’s software. The work will include active software development, assisting with planning of new features/projects, and troubleshooting any problems that occur. As one of our first IT hires there is a great opportunity for you to grow as PerkUp grows! You will work directly with the CTO.
PerkUp enjoys a laid-back workstyle with a focus on making sure our employees can maintain a healthy balance between work and life. Towards that end we offer a shortened work week (Monday to Thursday) with remote working on Mondays and Wednesdays. Are you a remote developer? Let us hear from you! We would love to explore a full remote position with occasional travel to our New Orleans office. Benefits also include 401(k) matching, generous PTO, and an annual bonus program.
- Active, hands-on participation in the development, analysis, and testing of PerkUp web applications and databases
- Collaborating with the remote teams to identify and fix technical issues
- Analyzing users’ needs and working on features to satisfy them
- Coordinating support related tasks with the support team
Core Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (preferably a computer science related field) or equivalent experience or equivalent training
- 3 to 5 years’ professional experience as a software developer (front end and back end) doing modern web application development.
- 2 years’ programming experience with C#
- 2 years’ experience with Azure SQL Server (preferred) or Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong understanding of using APIs to integrate or expose product features.
- Good communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with Azure DevOps a plus
- Experience working with Twilio’s platform a plus
- Banking and/or FinTech experience a plus
- Experience developing mobile applications a plus
Interested? Please send an email with your resume (and optionally a cover letter) to [email protected]
Back to the Careers page.