As a Software Developer at PerkUp, you will work with development and support (remote and local) to enhance and maintain PerkUp’s software. The work will include active software development, assisting in planning new features/projects, and troubleshooting any problems that occur. As one of our first IT hires there is a great opportunity for you to grow as PerkUp grows! You will work directly with the CTO.
PerkUp enjoys a laid-back workstyle with a focus on making sure our employees can maintain a harmony between work and life. Towards that end we offer a shortened work week (Monday to Thursday, Friday on-call only) with remote working on Mondays and Wednesdays. We’re looking for someone who can work in our New Orleans’ office but if you are a remote developer still let us hear from you. We can explore what that might look like! Benefits also include 401(k) matching, generous PTO, and an annual bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Active, hands-on participation in the development, analysis, and testing of PerkUp web applications and databases.
- Collaborating with other team members to identify and fix technical issues.
- Analyzing users’ needs and working on features or new applications to satisfy them.
- Coordinating support-related tasks with users and the support team.
Core Qualifications and Experience
- 3 to 5 years’ professional experience as a software developer (front end and back end) doing modern web application development.
- 2 years’ programming experience with C#
- 2 years’ experience with Azure SQL Server (preferred), Microsoft SQL Server, or another relational database
- Strong understanding of using APIs to integrate or expose product features.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps a plus.